Want to try us out first?
The Niagara Bruce Trail Club invites you to join them as a guest of the Club on a hike or two to see how you like it. All you have to do is show up at the meeting points. If you enjoy the experience and would like to come back for more, we invite you to join us as a member.
Please remember that you participate at your own risk. Know your capabilities and limitations and wear proper footwear and clothing. Hiking boots are recommended. If you need help finding out how to get to a meeting point for a hike or if you have any questions about a particular hike, contact the appropriate hike leader in the hike schedules.
For novice hikers, we suggest you start with us on a Sunday afternoon, or Wednesday morning or evening hike as these are at a relatively easy pace. The Saturday hikes are longer and more strenuous, but we hope it won't be long before you're coming on Saturday hikes!
The hike schedules page gives a brief description of the hikes. Remember that a 7 km hike at an easy pace will likely be close to two hours of walking. Also, after most of the hikes, the group will meet for a coffee. Take a hike! . . . You're Invited!
Trail Users' Code
- Hike only along marked routes; especially on farmland, do not take shortcuts.
- Do not climb fences, use the stiles.
- Respect the the privacy of people living along the Trail.
- Leave the Trail cleaner than you found it, carry out all litter.
- Leave flowers and plants for others to enjoy.
- Do not damage live trees or strip off bark.
- Keep dogs on a leash, especially on or near a farm.
- Protect and do not disturb wildlife.
- Leave only your thanks and take nothing but photographs.
By joining the Niagara Bruce Trail Club, you are becoming a part of something big. You are helping to maintain and protect the unique environments on the Niagara Escarpment for us all to enjoy now, and in the future.
- Membership in both the Niagara Bruce Trail Club and the Bruce Trail Conservancy
- Subscription to Bruce Trail News (BTC's magazine)
- Subscription to The Niagara Grapevine (NBTC's newsletter)
- Invitations to special BTC and NBTC events
- Scheduled hike programs
- Access to certain Conservation Areas
- Members access to the BTC's website
- Voting priviledges
- Tax receipt
- One Year . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $50.00
- Three Year . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $140.00
- Community/Organization . . . . . $125.00
N.B.: You will receive a receipt which can be submitted for tax relief